Friday, September 19, 2008

Ever heard of...

Today I called Maxim Healthcare in Memphis to try and schedule some flu clinics to work in October and November. This is part of the "make your own work schedule" that Dean and I are trying for me so that I can be here when the girls are here.
I went to a training session in August at Maxim Healthcare and they called this week to schedule me. I was talking to the staffing person at Maxim and she says "Have you ever heard of Starkville, MS? We have a few flu clinics there in October." I said, "Why yes, I've heard of Starkville. I lived there for 18 years!" I am hoping to work at least one of them so I can go to Strange Brew and get an iced mocha. Lordy, I miss those! I've got to figure out if it is worth the travel. At least they pay milage.
Then she says, "Well, I know you've never heard of this town....Indianola, MS." Imagine her surprise that I lived there for 18+ years too! I think she was excited to know someone had actually heard of these places! The clinics are from 10:00am to 2:00pm. That would put me home after 4:00pm. I am not sure if I can work these or not. The girls get off the bus at around 4:00pm.
I may have to stay in the North MS area for now. Stay tuned. I'll let you know how it turns out.

By the way, there are several clinics in Oxford too. Should I put on a brave face and march into he**? Good question.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By he** I can only assume you mean heaven, right?

Sandra said...

Not quite. But I do like some things that come out of there. For instance, 2 of my best friends I grew up with graduated from there and a certain doctor in Denver I know. ;)