Saturday, June 20, 2009

I hate Comcast

Comcast is the Devil!! I hate them. I know that is a strong word but it is very true in this case. They suck. Let me give a few examples of how they suck.

1. When we first moved to Southaven we ordered the triple play package which included cable, internet, and phone service. We thought the price of $176 was pretty good for all three. Well about 3 months later the price went up to $181. OK not much difference there. BTW this was after it took them over 2 weeks to come hook up our cable. This was during the SEC basketball tournament. I missed the SEC basketball tournament in 2008 because of stupid comcast. The relationship did NOT start well.

2. March 2009-We get our bill. It is well over $200. There is some stupid "change of service" charge on the bill. I call Comcast to complain and get it fixed. I get the whole I'm sorry speech, we will fix it right away. You can pay this amount and that will take care of it. Me-"Can I just go ahead and pay over the phone right now? The Devil-"Sure!! I'll be glad to take your money!" Bill paid by phone.

3. April 2009-We get our bill. It is well over $225. There is a $5 conveniencefee plus another $25 dollar charge added on. I call Satan's team back again. Same speech, different month. We're so sorry, it looks like they added on instead of taking off. And the convenience fee is for paying your bill over the phone. Me-"WHAT!?!?!?" NO ONE MENTIONED THIS FEE TO ME!!!" The Devil-"We will take care of this, don't worry" Me-"Oh I'm worried!"
Bill paid by mail.

4. May 2009-We get our bill. It is well over $250. Same story. Same drill. Except this time I am livid!! I call and completely lash out at the customer service rep who got a little bitchy back to me. I asked to be transferred to a manager. He hung up on me. OK, that does it. I call back, speak to a manager. She assures me she will straighten everything out. I don't believe her. I tell her I don't believe you. She gives me her name and direct phone number. I pay the bill at the local Comcast office. I ask them to pull up my account. She had straightened it out. I still really don't believe it. Bill paid at local office.

5. June 2009-We buy an HD Tivo, get rid of the stupid DVR boxes Comcast gave us. I call comcast to set up a service call for someone to install a "card" in our HD Tivo. The Devil- "Tivo doesn't work with Comcast" Me-"Yes it does." "My neighbor has it." The Devil-"No, Tivo is something that only works with satellite." Me-"NO, Tivo is a brand of DVR. They were the first DVR. I know. You don't." The Devil-"Hold on a minute." 5 minute hold time. "Oh, ok, seems like it does work" Me- "I know." This happened about 3 more times. We got our card on Thursday. Everytime any of us hears the little Tivo ding noises we fall down and worship the Tivo.

I hope someone files a class action lawsuit against Comcast for illegal billing practices and such. I will be right there on that bandwagon. I will take the time and write a letter, send an email, go in person, whatever it takes. Someone needs to put an end to them. We need another cable company in the Memphis area.

I HATE COMCAST!!
Rant over.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Thank you for sharing your experience. We certainly need to address the issues you mentioned. I will share your experience with our regional contacts so that you will have a better experience.

I also apologize for our representatives not letting you know about the charges and fees in advance. Not knowing our products, services, and hanging up on a customer is something that we do not tolerate at all.

If it I not so much of a trouble, will you please let know the phone number on the account so that we can gather more information?

Thank you in advance and I appreciate you providing the opportunity to improve our service.

Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com