Well Cindy says I need to give a moving update. I have been so busy lately. It is amazing how much stuff you have to do to move. Dean has been working mainly on getting the loan with the bank and working with our realtor in Southaven. I work with the realtor in Starkville.
We have locked in on a rate and gotten most of the paperwork done for the loan. We have settled on a price for the new house and the builder is going to put up a fence in the back yard and also put blinds in the house.
We have contacted the movers and they will be here on Feb. 22nd to start packing. They will pack that Friday and Saturday and start loading on Sunday and finish up on Monday morning. We are closing on the house in Starkville on Monday the 25th and driving to Southaven to spend the night in a hotel and close on our new house on Tuesday the 26th at 10:00am. Hopefully the movers can start unpacking that afternoon.
I have had a home inspector here at our house in Starkville and the appraiser here. Dean meets with the home inspector in Southaven on Friday afternoon. Apparently you have to be specially licensed to inspect a new house. He said it would take about 3 hours to do the inspection.
I have contacted an insurance agent in Hernando to get home owner's insurance on the new house and have our car insurance transferred to that office too.
What I have left to do is: get the girls school records transferred to Desoto Central, contact all the utilities and have them shut off on the 26th, clean out stuff (junk) that we don't want to take with us, work (my last day is the 20th), I also have a presentation at a church on Saturday morning. Somewhere in there we have to complete Carlyn's science project that is due Feb. 15th. I also need to find a job in Southaven. I am sure there is more stuff to do, I am just about brain dead though and cannot remember.
I can't wait to get this all over with and be settled into our new house. I can already tell the jacuzzi tub is going to be put to good use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Moving is a horror. Between watching you, Cindy, & Jennie, it may be years before I think about doing it again. I still have flashbacks to the move down here. Plus, we really moved twice since we couldn't find a house that we liked. So, we moved to an apartment in July, and to the house in December. Fortunately, a whole bunch of stuff went to storage for that six months, so it didn't have to be repacked, just moved twice.
Good luck! You have my sympathy.
I bet that jacuzzi tub will be put to good use!!!
Holy Moving Families! Do you guys have super-heroes you are kin to? I'm thrilled to learn you will be in the Hernando/Southaven area. It is roughly 1 hour from where Gene and I are outside Oxford in Lafayette County.
I have a couple of cousins in Hernando and believe the cousin in-law teaches at Desoto, however, in Kindergarten.
While I am tired for you guys both already, I will be so glad to have you in the area! Please contact us when the dust settles from the boxes and if anything, please consider our house, your house, for any stop-overs you may need along the way!
I feel honored to welcome you to the area!
Best of Luck on a smooth transition,
Suzanne Hellums
Post a Comment