Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!

to me!!

A new house is a pretty good birthday present!

Our house in Starkville is full of boxes. It is like an obstacle course in here. It is also like a construction zone in here because the workers have torn out our bookcase to replace water damaged wood by the fireplace. I would take a picture but my camera is packed up in a box somewhere!

It's a pretty crazy birthday! I won't say which birthday this is but let's just say 40 is not too far away! Yikes!

5 comments:

Marcus said...

Since I gave you things such as Geritol and other old-age necessities for your 30th, what shall I plan for 40? Perhaps some brochures for long-term care insurance and guides to Medicare & Social Security benefits.

Happy Birthday! How quickly the 30s have disappeared. You know, technically, you begin your 40th year today. You just don't have to own it until you complete it.

Sandra said...

Instead of Geritol, I think I may need some xanax or valium. I wish I could get my social security checks now because I don't think they are going to be there when I hit 65.

cindy said...

Happy Birthday sis! Don't party too much! :)

cindy said...

And not to bring you down on your birthday - but our official Social Security age is 67!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Sandra! It seems odd how close in age you guys are to Gene & I as opposed to the age of those I went to school with! I can't wait to hear about when you guys get to Hernando. We would love to get together with you guys - we have several family members on Gene's side of the family in Senatobia and I, a few cousin's tied to my grandmother's family that live in Hernando, grew up in Hernando back when it was a small town and not part of South Memphis! ha ha. Anyway, one of my cousin's married a elementary school teacher that works for one of the schools in Hernando. Her last name would be Patrick. Email Gene or me when you guys are there and maybe this summer we can arrange to get together for coffee when we are up that way! Happy Birthday, girl! Never in a million would I have guessed you were near 40! (Of course, I feel 65, but that is SO another subject! ha ha). Write us at gene@hellums.net or suzanne@hellums.net or cell me at 801-9970. I hope you are having a great time with your "new life" ahead of you!