Wow, how can it be that we have been here in Southaven for a month and a half? I still feel like we are on an extended vacation in somebody else's house and we will be packing up and heading back home to Starkville soon. The house is coming along but still needs more pictures hung, etc. Apparently my sister had her house unpacked and curtains hung in a span of about 12 hours. She moved three weeks after I did and was decorating while I was still unpacking boxes. I guess she has had more practice, I don't know. I offered to buy her a plane ticket to Memphis so she could come and finish unpacking for me.
I am still unemployed at the moment but attended an orientation session yesterday for substitute teachers. Their schedule is closest to the girls schedule. I would love to find a job working from about 9:00am to 2:00pm. That would be ideal. If anyone knows of a job like that, let me know.
We are learning our way around Southaven and Hernando. I go to the Hernando Walmart because it is closer to our house and doesn't have a steady stream of people from Memphis who come to Southaven to shop because of Mississippi's low sales tax. The Southaven Walmart is always crazy! I can't wait until July when they open a Target very close to where we live.
The girls are still settling into school. Carlyn wants to go back to Starkville because this school is a little more challenging than her old school. She is getting used to it but would rather not have so much homework! Noelle is doing fine. She has probably double the homework she had in Starkville, but she doesn't complain about it.
Thank goodness the Memphis Tigers lost in the championship game. I don't think I could have stomached any more talk about that basketball team. "This is our year!!" If I heard that one more time, I would have exploded! Apparently while the team was in San Antonio, their dorm rooms were robbed. Welcome to Memphis!
Well, I could go on all day trying to catch up on all the things that have happened during the last month or so, but I need to be working on the house some more. Cindy, Help!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had given up hope. I'm glad so see that you have returned.
We STILL feel like we're on vacation sometime, and we've been here almost six years! Enjoy it.
I had almost given up on you, too!
S & D:
We are so happy for you guys! You deserve some time to remember what you set out to do with your life, take stock in all that you have accomplished, relish in the restful time you have now and enjoy your children all to yourselves...your kids & you all will re-embrace each other...There are a million reasons those boxes can wait a little longer! :) If it will make U feel better: We've been in our house here for ~ 2 years, where we BUILT areas for CERTAIN things and wouldn't you know?...we STILL have boxes that line the 2nd story hallway! It's just one of those things! I've wanted to paint my son's room (again, but with his favorite color as "mountain shadows") first, but got around to "piles" bec/ I wanted to donate some things, my boy's toys needed rotating, some of our other furniture didn't quite fit the look we were going for here or there...we still have a whole big full box of pictures just stacked back-to-back yet to hang! THEN: Our mater suite and Gene's office have to be the most pathetic of them all! We have everything for them to be close to done and just not enough gusto in a day to get it all done in a timely manner!...but, we are enjoying, playing, manicuring, and planting on the 5 acres, you know, trees from Arbor Day, etc. a lot of free days are just outside enjoying the last of the Spring weather! That counts, huh?
It's so great to hear of your new lives in "South Memphis"! The perfect job is waiting for you and will find you when you need it to! Enjoy your time! CONGRATS! We're excited for you guys! It was so good to see you in Starkville this last time! It had been too long. Bless you and your new house!
Gene & Suzanne
Post a Comment