Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soccer Weekend


The girls and I traveled to Tupelo this past weekend to cheer for Carlyn's soccer friends. Some of her old teammates were playing for Starkville Soccer Association in the Northern District Tournament. Her coach from last year coached the pink panther team again and again they made it to the semi-finals. We had lots of fun seeing all our old Starkville soccer friends and watching some exciting games.
This team made it to the State Games again this year. The games are in Meridian. That might be just a little too far to travel for us.
Noelle was going to stow away in Mrs. Krista's trunk.

I can't wait to sign up for soccer here in Southaven. I hope we have as good an experience as we did in Starkville soccer. DeSoto County Soccer Association is in the same district as Starkville.
Maybe next year we will be playing in the Northern District Tournament again.


2 comments:

cindy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

You should come to Dallas one weekend! ;)

Marcus said...

I hope that you have a good experience in changing soccer. We loved soccer in Starkville! It was done logically and with as little interference with life as possible. When we moved here, we signed up again that first year. It was not nearly as much fun, and we abandoned soccer after that. Here, they wanted games and practices early on Saturday mornings, and that was just not happening.