Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moving

How is moving going?.....it's not. Our house has been on the market since early September. We have shown it a total of 10 times. 6 in Sept., 3 in Oct., a big 0 in Nov., and 1 in Dec. I am trying to remain positive and hope for the best but it gets harder and harder. We were someones second choice. That has to be encouraging right?...whatever. I know the market is VERY slow right now and we are selling at a bad time.

It is hard being a married single parent. I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get both girls ready for school. Our schools start at a ridiculously early time...7:30 and 7:35am. We have to be out the door at 7:00am. Anyone who knows me knows that this is very difficult for me. I love to sleep!

I am the only one here who can help with all book reports, science fair, school projects, homework, etc. I am the only one who can pick up a sick child or take an injured child to the emergency room as the case was Monday night after my brilliant 10 year old tripped and fell mouth-first on to the bookcase while walking around blindfolded. She had lacerations on the inside and outside of her mouth. No stitches required---thank goodness. They used dermabond on the outer laceration and it is healing perfectly. That is some cool stuff.
So let's pray we sell the house soon. Not that I want to leave Starkville or anything because I love this town, but I am tired of being the married single parent.

I need some backup!

1 comment:

cindy said...

You know I totally sympathize. I guess I'm lucky that my single-parenthood comes in waves. It still isn't fun right in the middle of the wave (oh, about October this year).

I hope the market picks up after Christmas.